Salary depends on experience + discretionary performance related bonus scheme paid annually + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + pension + medical cover + flexible working
SDS are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Bid Writer to join our business development team, which is supporting the co-ordination of all bid/business winning activities. The role is mainly based in the Plymouth, but occasional travel to other branches may be required.
The successful candidate is likely to have a background in bid writing, journalism, marketing, or similar and must be able to write in English to a very high standard (fluency, accuracy, correct messaging etc.)
To apply for this role you should meet the following criteria:
• Experience of a complex and varied bidding environment
• Ability to quickly grasp and assimilate complex information and apply creative intellect
• Highly competent in MS Office 365 software and relevant tools such as InDesign
• Ability to create templates
• Methodical, with excellent organisational and efficiency skills
• Being accurate, paying attention to detail and having scrupulous proof-reading skills
• Proactive team player with excellent communication skills
• Flexible and capable of multitasking
The job role will include the following:
• Writing and editing proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders
• Undertaking market research for the bid meetings
• Assisting MD/ Business Manager in developing a proposal structure
• Maintain a record of bid opportunities, bids submitted and success rates
• Develop library of best case answers for future bid opportunities
• Developing a clear understanding of SDS’s business operation
• Assisting preparation of bid documentation and tender submissions within deadlines
SDS have an excellent track record and reputation across the South West. This role will appeal to an ambitious and creative individual looking for real career development with the opportunity to work on major projects. Both inhouse and external training will be provided where necessary.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDS is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not accept CVs from agencies.