Senior Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth
Salary depends on experience + discretionary performance bonus, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension, medical cover
SDS are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Mechanical & Electrical Engineers to join our company. You will be degree qualified and a member of an appropriate professional body and have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. The position provides excellent career opportunities and benefits from a first-rate remuneration package, which includes holiday purchase, cycle to work schemes, professional body membership payments and death in service cover. Successful candidates will be client facing, experienced and will be comfortable developing, supporting and mentoring others.
To apply for this role you should meet the following criteria:
• Hold a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical/electrical, building services engineering, or equivalent qualification, or can demonstrate sufficient suitable design experience. The degree should meet the academic requirements for achieving professional engineer status with an appropriate institution
• Track record of work on a variety of building services designs and delivery of small and large scale projects
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team
• Be passionate, driven and determined to develop career to higher status
• Be fully IT literate and with relevant experience of AutoCAD, NES, Amtech, Revit, Cymap & Microsoft Office
• Hold a full UK driving license
• Above average ability in written and spoken English and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate the capability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Understanding of setting and managing budgets, and making sound financial decisions
The job role will include the following:
• Contribute to the development and growth of the company by identifying new opportunities and potential areas for growth and also maintaining and developing existing client relationships
• Act as part of a multi-disciplinary design team to ensure successful timely preparation and delivery on project objectives, including providing technical support
• Produce budgets for clients based on their specifications and monitor spend to ensure that, as far as possible, projects are delivered within their budget and time scales
• Liaise with the client and external design teams as necessary for the successful delivery of projects.
• Monitor and pursue own training and development requirements
• Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline
• Compile specifications, drawings and contract documents and maintain the required technical quality of work, ensuring that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
• Provide mechanical building engineering services design to buildings and infrastructure.
• Identify scope and schedule changes, in accordance with the change control process, maintain planning and cost control on all scopes
SDS have an excellent track record and reputation across the South West. This role will appeal to an ambitious engineer looking for real career development with the opportunity to work on major projects.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDS is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not accept CVs from agencies.