Competitive remuneration package, including performance related bonus, 25 days holiday + bank holidays + pension + medical cover + flexible working.
SDS are seeking a Sustainability Lead to join our award-winning company. We are committed to the environment and our community, and passionate about delivering practical, effective and sustainable designs. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to deliver projects for clients and to lead our Sustainability Team.
Reporting to our Director responsible for sustainability, the role is in response to the growing demand for these services from existing and new clients. Working with our Building Physics team and other building services capability leads, you will be involved in delivering and managing projects, as well as helping our business grow in this area. You will hold a relevant degree and ideally will be chartered or working towards professional accreditation.
The position provides excellent career prospects and an opportunity to be instrumental in accelerating the implementation of sustainable solutions for our clients. The successful candidate will be client facing and comfortable in developing, supporting and mentoring others.
Key requirements / experience:
• Must have a building physics or sustainability background.
• Good commercial awareness and experience of working in a consulting practice.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Experienced in sustainability appraisals, particularly BREEAM.
• Experience of Embodied Carbon / Whole Life Assessments.
• Understanding of funding sources and applications, including supporting processes.
• Ability to represent the company in client and multi-disciplinary design team meetings.
• Experienced in engagement and leadership with wider industry sustainability forums.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to clients.
• Assist junior team members.
• Creation, improvement, and evaluation of company internal processes.
• Commutable 45-mile radius of one of our offices.
The recruitment process will start with an initial meeting with our Regional Director, followed by a formal interview with the Managing Director.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDS is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not accept CVs from agencies.