Trainee Digital Technician
Salary depending on experience – 25 days holiday + bank holidays + performance related profit share + pension + medical cover + flexible working
SDS are seeking a Trainee Digital Technician to work on a variety of prestigious mechanical and electrical building services projects in our Bristol office (located in Clevedon). This role is for a person who wants to make their way into the industry or has recently qualified and is looking for the opportunity to start their career. The position provides excellent career opportunities and benefits from a first-rate remuneration package.
To apply for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
• Good GCSE, or A level and above qualifications, dependant on age and experience
• An interest in computers, engineering and problem solving
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team
• Be passionate, driven and determined to develop a career to a higher status
• Fully IT literate and able to learn drawing and calculation software
• Effective ability in Microsoft Excel advantageous, although not essential
• Autodesk Revit knowledge or other design software advantageous, although not essential
• Computer programming skills advantageous, although not essential
• Good interpersonal, communication and both verbal and written presentation skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
The job role will include the following:
• Digitally draught and deliver mechanical and electrical design and contract drawings for a range of project types and sizes
• Collate drawing information packages for issue and uploading drawings to external sources
• Working with clients and design teams
• Liaise with and assist internal staff where required, promptly and in a professional manner
• Assist the team in the preparation and implementation of programmes, material delivery schedules and other support tools
• Attend meetings, training programmes, etc as directed by management
Working in a friendly environment, you will receive full in-house training with some of the most experienced Revit Technicians in the industry and attend college.
SDS have an excellent track record and reputation across the South West. This role will appeal to an ambitious technician looking for real career development with the opportunity to work on major projects and the chance of developing their knowledge of the built environment.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
SDS is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not accept CVs from agencies.