Who We Are
SDS is a forward-looking, dynamic construction consultancy specialising in sustainability and building services. We design innovative, flexible, energy-efficient functional solutions for hospitals, schools, universities, public buildings, commercial and industrial projects creating exceptional environments for living, work or leisure, delivered to budget and programme.
In 2022, SDS was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development, through our strong strategic focus, helping drive the sector forward, and achieving results through leadership and commitment.
The business has grown rapidly since our formation in 2004, now with over 70 staff at our offices in Plymouth, Exeter and Bristol and Cardiff.
Shaun Hoppins, our Managing Director, is supported by a board of directors, comprising of Mark Plant (Regional Director for Plymouth), Alan Watson (Regional Director for Bristol), James Laughlin (Regional Director for Exeter), Patrick Valvona (Operations Director) and Karen Field (Services Director). Our talented and skilled technical team have extensive experience across a number of sectors.
The business has grown each year through developing our expertise, investing in our staff, being at the forefront of technology and building a strong client base and reputation.
Our growing presence in the construction industry is recognised by our inclusion in Building Magazine’s UK’s top 150 professional construction consultants and Top 50 Engineers.
- Experienced building services team
- Sustainability and energy-efficiency
- BIM Revit delivery capability
- Specialist laboratory knowledge
- Focus on understanding your needs
- Well thought out practical designs
- Ability to deliver throughout the UK
- Depth of resource and capability
- Dynamic, forward thinking organisation
- Structured approach to business
- Well-established quality systems
- Investment in staff development