Pennycross Primary School is made up of buildings dating from 1953 and temporary huts located close to the main building. It occupies a corner site creating steps within the school site with playgrounds cascading down to the north
Two storey extension of the current Junior wing was constructed to provide 8 new classrooms, four to each floor, with associated stores, toilets and group rooms
The main dining halls are positioned in the centre. The Junior wing to the east and Reception and Infants to the west and the north. There is an adventure play area, a playing field and small car park at the front, with the Reception being accessed from Arden Grove.